5 wire Photoeye

matlark

I have a PE with 5 wires...L1+, L1-, com, n.c., and n.o. My question is should I connect the com to the L1- terminal and then run my n.c. or n.o. to the input of the plc? (24volt PE)
thanks

That will work if you have the (-) terminal of your input module connected to the same common as the power supply. Otherwise, you will probably need to connect the COM wire to the (-) terminal of your input module. They should have wiring diagrams in the documentation with the PE.

different PE's with 5 wires can have different uses
Lease post the switch MFG and No' next time

As your sensor has volt free contacts, you can connect the com terminal to what ever supply voltage your photocell is powering, be it an interface relay, indicator or plc input.

So if I connect the com term to the plc, what do I do with the n.c. or n.o. wiring? Connect it to the + or - of supply?

thnaks

I got it working correctly... just connected com to + and the n.o. wire to plc input. Thanks for all the replies.

Hi matlark,
As you see giving the details help a lot more.
Some sensors with 5 wires - the fifth wire is tied back to change the sensor to NPN - that is why more details are always needed