5069-FPD in hardware config?

dahnuguy

Logix Designer 5000 V33 pro

I have a 5069 backplane in the hardware config with 13 slots.
In 3 of those slots, I need to have a 5069-FPD.
When I right click and attempt to "add module" the 5069-FPD is not in the list.

Is there an EDS file I need to add?

Searching for EDS file shows only a PDF about how it is wired etc.

https://compatibility.rockwellautom...spx?crumb=112&mode=3&refSoft=1&versions=54976

But nothing else to download.

I don't think there is any need to have the module defined in the software, maybe just add a address reserve module to occupy the slot?

Stop looking, you won't find anything. The FPD is physically placed where you need it but it does not count logically and does not occupy a space in your I/O hardware configuration so there isn't a EDS file for it. It has no brain. Same as 1734 Point I/O configurations.

I thought so but needed to make sure.
I thought there might be a place holder or generic blank to keep someone from thinking it was an empty available slot later.