5069-L330ERM Compactlogix Change IP Address

Steve Cav

Hi,

I have a compactlogix 5069-L330ERM processor, which has 2 built in ethernet ports. Both are currently configured and was completed using bootp. However, I now need to change on the the ports (A2) to a different IP address but cannot get it to change. Studio 5000 shows the ip address but it is greyed out and cannot be changed. RSLinx can see the processor (although it shows it as a yellow question mark) but there is no option to change it from the properties. Even tried the USB lead and RSLinx installs the USB driver but processor not showing up.

Any ideas?

Steve

I don’t think compact logic supports 2 ip addresses but I could be wrong. Browse the plc with rslinx. Right click on it and select module config, you can change the ip address there. If you see the yellow question mark in linx, you will first need to right click and upload the Eds file.

Were you in Device Properties or Module Configuration within RSLinx? If the latter, can you try putting the processor into Program mode?

I don’t think compact logic supports 2 ip addresses but I could be wrong. Browse the plc with rslinx. Right click on it and select module config, you can change the ip address there. If you see the yellow question mark in linx, you will first need to right click and upload the Eds file.

Cheers, updating the EDS file did it! I could then go to the module and change the IP address. Thanks for your help.

Steve

I don’t think compact logic supports 2 ip addresses but I could be wrong.

For clarity, the 5069 CompactLogix can be configured where each port can have it's own IP Address. It's a feature unique to that platform, which didn't exist on the 1769 controllers.

For clarity, the 5069 CompactLogix can be configured where each port can have it's own IP Address. It's a feature unique to that platform, which didn't exist on the 1769 controllers.
:nodi: dmroeder you are always on top of your game with Modern equipment and techniques 🍻

How old are you? I would be $50 less than 35YO, I would bet $100 less than 40YO

:nodi: dmroeder you are always on top of your game with Modern equipment and techniques 🍻

How old are you? I would be $50 less than 35YO, I would bet $100 less than 40YO

I've been lucky to work in an environment where we have customers who often request the latest wizbangary. I will be 40 this summer.

Curious if the price of this 5069 processor would out weight the cost of a NAT device to accomplish the same task with a 1769. A 1783NATR isn't cheap!

Curious if the price of this 5069 processor would out weight the cost of a NAT device to accomplish the same task with a 1769. A 1783NATR isn't cheap!

I don't have access to list prices, only what we've recently paid for hardware but the NATR is cheaper for us when comparing the 1769-L33ER and the 5069-L330ER, by about a grand.

I was in device properties but there was no option of module configuration until I updated the EDS.

You can also change this is the plc controller properties.

General -> bottom of page change is mode -- change mode to dual-ip.

Then internet protocol select A1/A2 in drop down set up for each.

Dual ip should be default mode if it was changed its possible the configuration was saved to the SD card. It would be good practice to save your new configutation to the SD if your change is mission critical.

Side note* the 330 released with v29 fw that has a critical error and all v29 processors are suggested to upgrade to v31.

Good luck

I don't have access to list prices, only what we've recently paid for hardware but the NATR is cheaper for us when comparing the 1769-L33ER and the 5069-L330ER, by about a grand.

Per ProposalWorks - List for each (just the controllers)
1769-L33ER - $3260
1783-NATR - $1110
5069-L330ER - $5470

So, on the face of it, probably cheaper w/ the 1769 anyway you split it.
However, the 2nd Ethernet port may have other advantages, like 1 less device in the middle of comms.

So, YMMV!

Per ProposalWorks - List for each (just the controllers)
1769-L33ER - $3260
1783-NATR - $1110
5069-L330ER - $5470

So, on the face of it, probably cheaper w/ the 1769 anyway you split it.
However, the 2nd Ethernet port may have other advantages, like 1 less device in the middle of comms.

So, YMMV!

Why are you comparing an L33ER (2MB) directly to an L330ER (3MB)? Why not compare to an L320ER?