5069-Serial module connected to Sato S84EX Printer

tdavid1

I have a new L306 CompactLogix running V33 with a 5069-Serial module in order to send data through RS-232 to a Sato S84EX printer. I'm unable to get the data to the printer, no jobs are showing up in the print queue.
We know the data gets sent - we tested it connected from Channel 0 to Channel 1 and saw receive data.
I tried Generic ASCII as well as DF1 point to point with no luck.

That module just sends out raw ASCII, is that what your printer is expecting? Have you double checked all the serial settings (baud rate etc)? When working with a new serial device, I usually use a software like RealTerm to figure out how to talk to it from my computer before programming the PLC. It's a lot easier to try different settings and you can see the responses from the device. That way I can figure out what and how to set up the comms on the PLC.