6181P AB Versaview Touchscreen

The Plc Kid

I have a 6181p allen bradley versaview 17 inch panel pc. The touch screen mouse does not want to work after being powered down for a couple days.

The mouse always sits in the lower right hand corn.er of the screen and snaps back to that position when you try to move it. Ab told me to reinstall or update the touch screen driver but neither worked. The screens are well taken care of and shows no damage.

Does anyone know of something else i can try before buying a new unit?

You can try to calibrate it, but in my experience with the A/B touch screens, a new one is the only fix.

At my previous job, we had two of their (A/B) models and they both would develop similar problems, sometimes in as little as 3 months of service. It always seemed that some section of the touch system would lose resolution or an entire area and throw off the position of the cursor to a point that the calibration routine would not correct it. Our were CRT units with touch panels made by ELO.

I was also told to update drivers, and I even tried reverting to older drivers but never had any luck.

Here, we use xycom LCD touchscreens in a very wet environment and they hold up great. Our only problems have been accidental breakage of the glass.

As a temporary fix, we put a mouse at the console and let them run while we awaited replacements. I don't know if your application permits this.

Paul