6181P Integrated Display Computers Issue

QasimFSH

Hi all,

I have an IDC from Rockwell, and it is super old, but new (had it in the spares). The previous one has gone faulty, and I need to set this one up and reinstall it, but I have no clue at all. Do I need to install a windows on it to start with? Windows XP? I have attached a pic of the screen I get. Also, I am not sure about its model number as well. I have posted a pic of its back, but I cant seems to find anything with this model no. Any help will be appreciated.

ICP 2.jpg ICP 1.jpg

There's nothing special about those computers: they're just ordinary PCs with high-temperature components and a heavy duty metal chassis. That one is old enough that it's likely appropriate for Windows NT 4.0 or Windows XP.

It also apparently doesn't have a working hard drive installed; it only shows the CD-ROM as attached to the IDE cables.

Unless the old unit's failure was the hard drive, the first thing I would do is move the hard drive to this unit and see if it will boot up.

Unless the old unit's failure was the hard drive, the first thing I would do is move the hard drive to this unit and see if it will boot up.
Maybe make an image of the HD before doing anything with it.

edit: I think that what is really valuable on the old HD is the application that was running on it. Or do you have a backup of that ?

I am trying to get hold of the old HD, with the hopes that it still is in a working state. Thanks guys for all the help so far.

I pulled one off my shelf and the CMOS battery was dead. this could have caused your CMOS error. I popped in my HD from the old one and Hey it liked it. My IT dept doesn't because it's WIN7 but hey can't please everyone

I pulled one off my shelf and the CMOS battery was dead. this could have caused your CMOS error. I popped in my HD from the old one and Hey it liked it. My IT dept doesn't because it's WIN7 but hey can't please everyone

Win7, huh? Hehe....we have some Beckhoff PCs running Win XP Embedded still. They're not networked, though.