AB panel ...Normal, +, Compact et component ???

Jeff23spl

Can someone resume the main difference between these models

I was using PV550 in the past but i would like to keep the same functions while adding a bit of resolution without adding cost explosion...

I already worked with PV+ with compact asnd control PLC but i'm looking for a model to be usually connected to micro1400

Any help, experience would be appreciated

What functions are important to you? You may be able to use the Component Panelviews if you want to stay with AB. I have used several with great success.

i dont need anything special, just standard password function and alarm historical...i don't need more than what a PV standard can give but upgraded graphical and programming platform

By the way i preffer to get difference from each other to know it and be able to explain it if i got questions...

using AB....If i had choice i wouldn't...

Since you're already familiar with PanelView Standard terminals, a brief overview of the other modern devices that bear the PanelView name:

PanelView Plus 6: 7" to 15" color touchscreen or keypad terminal, Windows CE 6.0 operating system, FactoryTalk View ME editing and runtime software with extended Windows CE features available.

PanelView Plus: 4", 6", and 7"-15" color touchscreen or keypad terminal, Windows CE 4.1 operating system, FactoryTalk View ME editing and runtime software. The 4" and 6" terminals do not have a "v6" version yet, and the 7-15" terminals are used for compatibility with installed PV+ terminals.

PanelView Plus Compact: Reduced-capability versions of the PanelView Plus terminals. Windows CE 4.1 and FactoryTalk View ME are still the basis for the product, but the number of displays and trends and memory are reduced, with a reduced price.

PanelView Component: Aimed at the OEMs using the MicroLogix and Micro 800 family controllers. Built-in browser-based editor with USB connectivity to your PC, and serial and Ethernet connectivity to controllers. Does not support ControlLogix family controllers except in a very limited serial method.

One thing about the panelview component terminals, they are rated general purpose. the panelview and panelview plus terminals have a class 1,2,3 rating associated with them.
i cannot remember the specifics on the ratings.

regards,
james

Jeff23spl said:
Can someone resume the main difference between these models

I was using PV550 in the past but i would like to keep the same functions while adding a bit of resolution without adding cost explosion.

---

Jeff23spl said:

If one of the Factorytalk View platforms is your only choice, be prepared for the cost, maybe not an explosion but their software is not free and they are proud of their little slow Windozer$.

If other HMI choices are allowed, let us know.

maybe i said it wrong, i was looking for the real difference between new panel view model and thanks to Ken that answered it very well.

I have just got the soft and made some PV1000 6+ but ya AB HMI are costly...I try to provide better resolution from other brand with an AB driver at a lower cost but you probably also got the same kind of ... customer that are more than AB addict and still want to pay more to get a lower model with the AB tagname on it....

Previously if you doesn't like pv550 resolution, you had to go with PV600 color with a very higher price...I just want a 550 or 600 monochrome with ab tag and a resolution that permit to include a grafic on some pages....
Unfortunately, i Don't have an AB rep to help me out...
I will try compact models
Thanks