AB Panelview Plus Username/Password

dabomb4097

Hello,

I've set up a PanelView Plus 1500 project to have a login and logout button, with some hidden buttons that only come up when you log into that user account.

I set up the user under "System->Users and Groups->Users" in the project explorer then used visibility statement 'system\User = "myusername"' to show the special buttons when that user is logged in.

This works fine when I compile the runtime for an old PanelView 5.10 panel, but when I compile it to PanelView 8.0 for use on one of our newer panels I get an error when logging in that the user or password are not valid.

Did something change between PVP 5 and PVP 6+ that would make an identical project built for 5.10 work fine but not work when built for 8?

Thanks
-db

I can't answer the question you asked - but just in case it helps, I typically use security codes for all login-related visibility. So I assign codes to each user and then the visibility expression becomes CurrentUserHasCode(x) where "x" is the security code in question. I've never had problems with that method.