AB pico gfx question

ninholeus

I just purchased a pico gfx

--1760-LDFA ser.A rev.D

--1760-IA12XOW41 ser.A rev.A

--1760-DU ser.A rev.B

When I try to connect to the plc using picosoft 6.10 pro I get the message the connected device does not belong to the device series expected. I think that they supplied me with the wrong series control for the software. Can any one confirm this or help me in any way.

It seems like your Pico may be using the wrong COM port. Also, did you make the Language Selection first?

Establishes a connection from the PC to the connected device via the selected COM interface.

Note in the event that connection establishment fails:

Ensure that no other application is currently running on the PC interface you have selected.

Check whether the connected device is ready for connection. For example, a Pico Controller requires you to make a language selection via the cursor buttons the first time it is commissioned. Only then can a connection be made!
The Com Port number must be the one that your PC is set up to use. Other programs or drivers must not be using the COM port at the same time.

Last edited:
You may need to upgrade to PicoSoft Pro v6.22 the later pico gfx won't conmmunicate with the 6.10 software.

Theres a Faq on the Pico section of the Rockwell site.

They provided me with the picosoft pro 6.22 software today and that gave me the option of chooseing ser A or ser B devices. Now to take over the world!

No . It is a new software version not just a patch. They did give to me But I am not shur if it a free upgrade for all.