AB PLC Point I/O

Gio926

Hello all,

I have a FANUC robot running on a compactlogix PLC. All the physical IO is either going to the robot or through distributed IO modules with M12 connectors. I want to install an IO module inside the controller cabinet for a terminal style IO.

I came across the AB Point IO module 1734-AENT (for Ethernet/IP) which allows me to add modules as needed. Going through their selection guide, my options for input and output allow me to choose between sinking/sourcing. I believe the standard is a sourcing output module and a sinking input module but I want to make sure I don't mess anything up. Any advice on which to choose or where to get the info on what I should choose?

Thank you

I provide systems for a customer that gets equipment from his parent company in Japan - sinking outputs and sourcing inputs. So they're still out there. PIA when trying to tie in the safety circuits that are required here.