Ab Plc5

Merlin,

You are getting there. I don't know the situation with these pumps, so I cannot help with the triggering logic for the alternator. I see you are triggering the alternator on Low Level. That may be okay, if a pump is always able to pump down to the low level switch.

I cannot read your RSLogix5 file. I only have RSLogix version 4.10. If your print the ladder to a PDF file, then post that, I can read it.

(Mickey, thanks for the translation.)

Last edited:
Thanks again, Mickey.

Merlin,

I believe that you almost have got it licked. Now, on Rung 32, do you need to add a contact for B30:1/1, "LS-5 Pump 2 Auto"? It seems if both Pump 1 and Pump 2 are not in Auto, that you would not want to alternate them. I could be wrong, however.

I think I will take out that pump 1 auto and not have either.
I will see how it runs and add them later if neccessary.
After you caught that pump 2 wasnt there ( Im impressed ) the more
I looked at it I just took out pump 1 auto.
Lance..Thanks a Lot for your help. I will run this program tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Again, Thanks

I've attached the final version.

matrixmerlin said:
Mickey,

If you wouldnt mind, please convert the final version over to .pdf for Lance.
Thanks

Here you go,FYI , you can do this youself with one of the links I provided above. It may be useful in the future.

Merlin,

I think it will alternate after taking out the Auto modes from the "LS-5 Call to Run" relay. Your alternator will be operating even when you are running in Manual mode, but the "Alternation Enabled B30:2/4 contact (controlled by the 2 "Pump Enable" bits) will bypass the alternator action when 1 pump is Inhibited.

For most of the Manual Modes that I have come up against, the customer wanted the Manual Start to operate directly on the Pump Motor Starter (do not pass go, do not alternate, do not interlock, and so on).

But you know the running conditions and the situation on the ground better than anyone.

Last edited: