AB SLC 5/04 processor error help

The only place I can see it coming from is the FFU instruction.
I'm no expert in this other then I avoid it if I can. And to date I've only used it once, and lucky for me I got to remove it.

Try deleting it and see if the fault goes away.

As far as I can see, it looks fine from my end.
But in the help file it says something about using FFL and FFU together.

Just shooting in the dark.

yeah but like i said i have used this before and has worked for years. the only difference i can see is that is am referenceing between two different interger files for it. i am going to try and change that part of it so it doesnt have to bounce back and fourth. but i am still confused why this wont work.

It will probably be something real simple.
Like I said I try and avoid these instructions like the plague.
I usually find a different way of doing it without making a mess of the program.

yeah i am about ready to call the AB rep in my area and see if he/she can help. i am getting a bit frustrated with this fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do appriciate your help thou!!!!! let me know if you think of anything else!!!!!

I had a look and nothing stands out for me. I agree with averellen, next time error occurs see if you tell which rung its in.

i put an always off bit in front of the four FFU instructions in lad 3. so i am waiting to see if it goes away. cause it only happens every two hours or so. i will let you know if this works. it may take some time cause it just happened about an hour ago.

When it faulted did it not give you a file and ladder No# as refrence to where the fault is?

Try changing the display properties regarding how you monitor indirect adresses. Change to "display values for indiect address" this always helps me monitor indirect adressing easier.

Try posting just Lad 3 if that is what is new and the whole program is too large

Quick quess: Some other instruction is changing the value in S:24. This is causing your FFU to be out of range, and creating the fault.

What is the value of S:24 when the thing faults?