Error when go onlne with SLC 5/04 Processor

JNS

Hi,
I am trying to make some modifications on the existing plant application. I have set up the demo system in the office to test these modificaitons. I only have Power supply, PLC and rack similar to the plant but I DO NOT have any IO cards which exist in plant application. As soon as I download and try to put PLC in run mode it goes in to FAULT mode and returns following major fault message.

"Module 2 which is required for the user program is detected as missing or removed."

It seems that program is looking for IO cards that I dont have installed in the rack on demo system at my office. Is there anyway I can go online and test modifications by disabling these IO cards or is there any other alternative to get rid of this fault and put processor in RUN mode?

Thanks,
JNS

To add to what Mickey and Bernie have said, your chassis size must match (there's no way to disable chassis size checking), and you don't want to disable slot 0 since you are using the modular SLC.

since we don't know ALL about your system, here's another approach that might help – particularly if the chassis size on your desk doesn't match the chassis size in the field ...

instead of using "real-world" input addresses such as:

I:3/5

consider using "dummy" binary addresses while you experiment ... for example:

B11:3/5 might be a suitable substitute for the address given above ...

do the same thing for "real-world" output addresses too – such as:

B10:4/11 might be a suitable substitute for O:4/11 ...

once you've "proved out" the logic, you can use the software's Search-and-Replace feature to switch back to the "real-world" outputs ...

yes, this approach takes more effort than just "disabling" the I/O modules – but it's the only realistic method we've found that will overcome having the "wrong size" chassis to work with ...