about the CPT instruction in RSLogix

buhnen

Hi folks,

I'm back again with a new question to you....While testing a code I made, I've noticed something I can't explain. I'm using the CPT instruction as you can see in the attached screencaptures showed below. It happens that depending on the order I choose for placing the operands (DINT's variables) in the equation I get different results (one of them is wrong ) when this shouldn't happen at all... I wonder what's the reason for this?

An image is better than thousand words, so it's better you see it by yourself...

And thanks in advance again for your attention.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Hi there
What I believe is that in case 1 (1.jpg)rounding off is taking place, that is 10/100=0.1 rounded to "0" and then multiplied by 100 hence result is zero.

In second case there is no rounding off is taking place and the result is as expected the "10"

To avoid the rounding of problem you need to define the variables as Floating (real) and not as integer or double integer.