CPT Instruction

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
What is the symbol for divide used in a CPT Instruction

Expressions - The expression is zero or more lines, with up to 28 characters per line, up to 255 characters. Instructions that can be used in the Expression include: +, -, *, l (DIV), SQR, - (NEG), NOT, XOR, OR, AND, TOD, FRD, LN, TAN, ABS, DEG, RAD, SIN, COS, ATN, ASN, ACS, LOG, and ** (XPY). The execution of a CPT instruction is longer than a single arithmetic operation and uses more instruction words.

l (DIV) I cant make out what this is, Thanks

Maybe what I should be asking is how to find the average of a group of integers.
I was going to use a CPT

Maybe what I should be asking is how to find the average of a group of integers.
I was going to use a CPT

CPT would do for LAD programming; FBD (Function Block Diagram) and ST (Structured Text) languages support the MAVE (Moving Average) instruction.

Last edited:
Roxusa, what type processor are you using? The Logix based processors have an average (AVE) instruction.

Watch out for overflows with adding a bunch of integers together. The highest value you can have for your sum is 32767. If your sum exceeds that, you'll need a different solution.

edit to add:
Didn't realize the thread was quite that old...