Activation File Missing RS Licence

aidamcg

Hi All

While using RSview ME my computer hung and when I rebotted it had corrupted one of the files in the system directory. I was able to get this fixed with the recovery cd and get windows working again but now all of my licences for RS500,RS linx pro,RS5000 and RSVIEW ME are gone. I am able to get the master disks reset but when I go to move them I get acivation file missing. As it is win xp I have tried a system restore but to no avail. I have tried uninstalling all of the programs but the folder where the ev move is located does not get uninstalled. Does any one how I get rid of all rockwell produts so I can start from scratch. I dont want to do a format of the hard drive as there is alot of other software on the computer that is workig fine. Thanks in advance for your help.

Aidan

If your activation file has become corrupted, It will not allow you to activate any of your Rockwell software using your activation disks.
The activation file is located on Drive C: in the root directory. The filename is EVRSI.SYS. To see this file you will need to select "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" from Windows folder options.
You can then rename the file to something like EVRSI_BAD.SYS or delete it. Renaming it is the best first step it will let you go back. Once you have renamed EVRSI.SYS, you should be able to activate your software, assuming your activation disks still have an activation on them. You may need to contact your Rockwell distributer or go online to Rockwell to have your activation disks reset.

Kim