Ad ea1-t6cl / do-06 plc

David290361

Hi people,

new member here. I have just built two small motor contol centres for a pair of scrubbers being installed in a University using a Automation Direct HMIs and D0-06 PLCs.

Having been supplied with no software manual (none available apparently) and having had no joy with the help files in either of the programming software suites, I am having difficulty in finding how to have the HMI jump screens upon certain events.

for example, I have three motor drives programmed. each has the following inputs:
a monitored field isolator
a Thermal overload
In addition each motor drive has:
a HMI start button
a HMI stop button

I want the HMI to jump to an additional screen when the overload trips or the field isolator is switched off so as to alert the operators as to why the machine has stopped

The help files are not helping!

I am using the enforced time off work between Christmas and New Year to get my head around these HMIs. It is the first time I have tried to use one.

DL06 User Manual is here

Display hardware/installation is here

Under the Function tab go to Panel <-> PLC. Here you will set up addresses for communication between the display and the PLC. The first word of the PLC -> Panel set allows the PLC to command changing to a specific screen. Setting it to zero commands to the previous screen (I don't use this). The first word of the Panel -> PLC set send to the PLC the current screen number which is being displayed.

My method is:

In PLC logic detect that event has occurred which requires the display to be changed to a specific screen. You may want to one-shot this situation.

1. Write to the PLC -> Panel register the desired screen number.

2. Wait for the reported (Panel -> PLC) value to change to that number.

3. Write a screen number which is not used (not zero) to the PLC -> Panel location. This will not cause an error. (If the operator changes away from the commanded screen and you wish to change it back then this is necessary.)

Steps 2 and 3 can be just one rung which test for equality of the two locations then writes the non-used screen number. You only need one of these rungs for the whole program. Place it in an area which is always scanned (if you use Stage programming).

Last edited:
I am having difficulty in finding how to have the HMI jump screens upon certain events.

I want the HMI to jump to an additional screen when the overload trips or the field isolator is switched off so as to alert the operators as to why the machine has stopped

...from the toolbar, go to Setup/PLC<->Panel. This should be what you're looking for.

Thank you for the responses which helped enormously.

I was a bit unclear in my first post. I do have a software manual for the PLC, but none is available for the HMI.

Thanks once again guys,

I was expecting to be able to reference discrete IO rather than assigning it to the V registers. That is what threw me.

I thought, perhaps naively, that I could have a screen change occur on the selection of say the local/remote keyswitch which turns on X1 or X2 of the PLC.

Technical people at AD here in Queensland have come in on their days off to assist me with this.
They have sent me some zip files which will tutor me on this.

Thank you once again.

Back again,

I have a rudimentary programme in both the PLC and HMI, but as the PC and the HMI plug into the same port on the PLC, cannot watch what is happening in the PLC in real time.

Is there another way to monitor the PLC while the HMI is connected?