Add Driver hardware to catalog TIA V11 S2

Hi JRW .. thanks for the reply.

LinMot sent this link: http://linmot2.dynalias.net/plc_lib/libraries/Siemens_Step7_2010_Linmot_Library_v1.1.1_20140528.zip It does have a GSD file, but the Pdf indicated the file was only for S7 300 and S7 1500 CPU's (mine is a 1212C) … Regardless, I don't seem to be able to run that file.. don't have the software to do it.. But, in the past I've had no problem installing the Hardware updates to for TIA V11 SP2 update 5 .. If it's anything like that.. it should self-install?

Hopefully, Linmot will confirm this link is the one .. but, I'll still need to know how to install it … :)

Regards, Michael

Last edited:
I got as far as opening the unziped folder labeled GSD .. then when I tried to run it .. it didn't work .. thanks to William on the Siemens list, the trick is to load from the TIA portal .. as he describes.. I'll give it a try .. it either works or not. At least I'll be able to answer this question, if it ever comes up on the forum again.. Thanks much.. Regards, Michael

Hi JRW... The download did work... but the image isn't quite right yet .. wrong connector .. I'm working on it ... I believe the E1130 has Ethernet & Profinet .. At least I downloaded something into the catalog. That's a big step. Thanks again.

I'm sooo wrong .. The image is correct (Profibus).. not Profinet ... DUH!
No Problem, I'll just use a communication module for Profibus... how hard could it be :)

Problem is... Master or Slave? ... I'm not yet clear about those terms.. The CPU is the master and the Profibus driver is the slave... does that mean the Profibus comm module has to be the "Master" also?

Regards, Michael

Yes, that would be correct. Since the PLC doesn't have Profibus built in, and you need it to be a Profibus Master, then you need the Profibus master card. The device you want to talk to is the slave. You can have lots of slaves, but usually only 1 master.

Thanks MK42 .. It's all coming together .. love it!

JRW... Here's the link (I think)... LinMot sent it: http://linmot2.dynalias.net/plc_lib/libraries/

This is the only one that looked like it would work, because I'm using S7 1200 V11 SP2 update 5: http://linmot2.dynalias.net/plc_lib/libraries/Siemens_Step7_2010_Linmot_Library_v1.1.1_20140528.zip

In spite of the appearance of working, I can't test it until i get the comm module (CM 1243-5) .. The Pdf file in the folder said it was only for S7 300 and S7 1500 .. an' I'm S7 1200 ... soooo, what can ya do.. try it anyway.

Thanks for your help ... much appreciated. Regards, Michael

LinMot in System.jpg

Last edited: