Add-On defined data type export/imprt

I’ve never done this, but you might try exporting the AOI then on the import dialog you might try going through the tree and tell it to delete everything but the new UDT. Just to be safe do it in an offline blank project file. If that works yout might be able to then export the UDT. Worst case, export the AOI, export a small UDT, the gut out the small structure from the second export and copy the AOI UDT from the AOI’s L5X file, using notepad or notepad +.

Add-On Defined and Module Defined data types are automatically added to the project when the respective add-on instruction or module are added to the project. There's no purpose to having a data type for an add-on instruction or a module that doesn't exist to be used - or at least, I can't think of one. What are you trying to do?

In any case, import your AOI and the data type will come with it.