Add-On Instruction Help

PLC_n00b_1018

Hello all,

I have followed the import/export Add-On Instruction manual that Rockwell has. I am working remotely on two Logix 5000 files at separate locations. There is no connection between the two plants (different countries). One of my plants has the add-on instructions and the other one doesn't. Person who originally set them up has long since left. I exported the Add_On that I am interested in and have a .L5X file on the desktop. There is no internet access on this server and I am not physically at the plant so I cannot think of a way to get it off the one server an onto the other.

If I can't export it from one plant to the other, is there a way to just download the Add-On instruction that you want? I found the website below but I cannot make much sense of it. The add-on's I am interested in are the following:

P_AInAdv
P_Alarm
P_AOut
P_DIn
P_Intlk
P_Mode
P_Motor
P_Perm
P_Resinh
P_RunTime
P_VSD

https://download.rockwellautomation.com/esd/download.aspx?downloadid=addonprofiles

Thanks in advance for all your help!

AOI = Add-On Instruction = User defined RSL5K/Logix Designer instruction which contains a commonly used function or algorithm (as a set of instructions).

AOP = Add-On Profile = RSL5K/Logix Designer application hardware modules communications profile.

The posted link is a AOP repository; you are inquiring about the handling of AOIs.

You will need someone at the remote site to handle the .L5X files via email, Dropbox or other file handling method; the recipient will receive the files and place them on the Desktop you are remote-controlling where one could Import them into the pertinent application.

PLC_n00b_1018 said:
...If I can't export it from one plant to the other, is there a way to just download the Add-On instruction that you want? I found the website below but I cannot make much sense of it. The add-on's I am interested in are the following:

P_AInAdv
P_Alarm
P_AOut
P_DIn
P_Intlk
P_Mode
P_Motor
P_Perm
P_Resinh
P_RunTime
P_VSD

Another fundamental lesson for you to learn here is that Add-On Instructions (AOI) may be user-defined and are not just developed and distributed by Rockwell Automation. The above list will most likely, but not certainly, be user-defined, and if so, will not be available for download anywhere Public i.e. the original programmer developed their own AOI tailored to the specifics of the application.

If this is the case then you will have to transfer the L5X file from one workstation to the other, as kindly pointed out by dmargineau.

Regards,
George

AOI = Add-On Instruction = User defined RSL5K/Logix Designer instruction which contains a commonly used function or algorithm (as a set of instructions).

AOP = Add-On Profile = RSL5K/Logix Designer application hardware modules communications profile.

The posted link is a AOP repository; you are inquiring about the handling of AOIs.

You will need someone at the remote site to handle the .L5X files via email, Dropbox or other file handling method; the recipient will receive the files and place them on the Desktop you are remote-controlling where one could Import them into the pertinent application.

As always thank you for the quick response. I will go down that path since it looks like that is my only real option.

Thanks again!

Another fundamental lesson for you to learn here is that Add-On Instructions (AOI) may be user-defined and are not just developed and distributed by Rockwell Automation. The above list will most likely, but not certainly, be user-defined, and if so, will not be available for download anywhere Public i.e. the original programmer developed their own AOI tailored to the specifics of the application.

If this is the case then you will have to transfer the L5X file from one workstation to the other, as kindly pointed out by dmargineau.

Regards,
George

Thank you for pointing this out as I was unaware of this. Cheers ;)