Adding DI card to Turck BL20-GW with RFID-2 card.

unsaint32

We have a PLC system running a conveyor. The PLC system includes Turck BL20-GW with RFID-2 card. I am about to add a DI card to the BL20-GW. The DI card will plug into the side of the RFID-2 card.

My question is, can I do this while the system is up and running? Or should I kill power to the BL20 first before I plug in the DI card? I know I can do that for replacing cards in Controllogix PLC.

Thanks.

The Turck BL-20 line of I/O is not "Hot Swap" capable. Please shut it down first then make your changes and power back up.

The Turck BL-20 line of I/O is not "Hot Swap" capable. Please shut it down first then make your changes and power back up.

thanks Russ. Just to be clear, what I am trying to do is just to add a DI card to existing setup (GW and RFID card). would it still require power down?