adding slc 500 to rs5000 for messaging

That is great, I love hillbilly home automation (no offense, and it's nice to see AB hardware instead of a DirectLogic for a change.) What's the philosophy on the 525 for the well pump? Cheaper motor, obviously, and I guess perhaps better material life from the ramp, but is there something else I'm missing?

Non taken haha, had a friend ask me whats wrong with just a pressure switch. I do have a DirectLogic sitting in a cabinet in the garage, I never cared for it much but it was a free from work when I removed an old IR oven. The software reminds me of Siemens more then any thing and feels unnatural but that could be I just really like Rockwell's software.

The 525 besides what you mentioned and more efficient use of electric (although that is nulled out and goes into loss by converting split phase to DC then to 3 phase). Its mostly a love thing, I went from using Powerflex 4/40's to the 525. I love being able to cut down on wiring and extra hardware with just using Ethernet. The ability to program, get real time data and diagnostics back, more refined tuning and control, overall seems better built, modular design a pinch, easier firmware upgrades, fault read backs, more options for customizing. As a bonus its been a big learning tool, I can try different setups and see how it actually reacts vers expected reaction.

My well control also allows me to try out different ways of programming for learning. Right now if you use 1.85gpm, the pump acts as a traditional well. Stage 1 (high pressure) will cycle off at 72psi and cut back on at 55psi as long as long as stage 2 (regulated pressure is at 40 or higher). If it drops below 40 it will cut on at 68 to keep the regulator at approx 40psi under flow. I have a pid loop (freq for pressure) that keeps the pump going to maintain 65 psi for high demands like shower or outside water use to keep the flow constant out the regulated side.

I also pid control the DC bus depending on demand. If its just a short cycle it gets ignored and just goes full bore, if its under pid control for pressure it will pid the DC bus to target 339VDC (found that's what it takes to maintain 245 volts out on the drive, this keeps the current lowest on the output at NP load) instead of my normal its just on of 345-350VDC. It also shuts down the bus when not in use and puts the drive in precharge mode keeping the voltage around 312VDC.

I can go on and on, but I have to finish coffee and getting around and head into work.