Adding tags to existing logic 5000 controller

Robb B

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello everyone,

Adding a remote rack of cards to control logix, I've added the cards to the controller through the enbt module, and it creates those entries in the database OK. Now I've got the tag database exported in CSV format, and trying to add my 200+ new points and tags. When I try to import I get an error at the end saying "The CSV schema or Record line is invalid. Syntax error found while scanning import file."

Update: tried again but inserted new tags alphabetically, now each new tag shows error: one or more arguments invalid.

Rockwell is uncertain about the error as well. Hoping you can shed some light on this? I feel like I'm just missing something simple...

Well, not sure what I've done differently, now I have all my tags imported (except for duplicated names, need to sort those out). Solved!

You'll have to post the files so that we can also try it. Did you export your entire tag database, add to it, then try to re-import it?

Yes, exactly this. I copied the formatting and columns from existing tags. The only thing I can think of this time is to I added them in alphabetical location plus the bool data type AND the radix info.