AddOn Instruction Problem in Rslogix Released V16

bhdybc

Hi,

I have used 1 Addon block in the Rslogix V16. the block contains two Local timers whose .PRE values were initialised in the Addon logic only.

This block was tested in rslogic Beta V16, and it was working satisfactory. But when same block was used in Rslogix Released V16, The timers were not taking the default values.

if i initialise the values by going in the main program instruction, then it started working.

Have anyone faced this problem, if yes then what would be the solution?

This is from a Rockwell product advisory for ver. 16.00

When calling an add0on instruction, if the data types of the tags passed into or out of the instruction do not match the parameter definitions, unexpected behavior can result.

Workaround: Insure each tag you pass into or out of an add-on instruction is the same data type as the parameter you are passing it to.

Also...

Inside of the logic on an add-on instruction, reading a tag of type INT could yield incorrect results.

Workaround: Avoid using INT data type tags inside of an add-on instruction.

These issues are corrected with ver 16.03 but I believe you have to contact Rockwell to make it right.

One More problem I am facing with Addon Instruction:

Each addon instruction shows the datatype Size.Is there any limitation on the Datatype size?

Because When the size is more than 100 bytes then i am able to transfer program to PLC.

Is it right..?