Addressing? CLX RIO that is a SLC backplane

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
How would the addressing work? I'm a little lost..

I have a 504 13slot, I am going to remove the processor and replace it with a 1746-asb and I have a DHRIO in the Controllogix

Could I import the 504 program and the addressing? or would I have to create the tags?

I tried to use the translate utility, but I keep getting errors, the 504 is creating the .SLC file but the CLX is trying to open a .txt file, I found this thread but it did not work for mine and I could not find anything on RIO addressing from a CLX to 504 back plane...

I'm trying now to manipulate a csv and import it back to the CLX, but I'm unsure of the addressing, here are the CLX and the 504 csv examples/gif's of my program, can I just make my tags in the csv?

Thanks... :D
CLXexample.gif

504example.gif

I have a current project that involves 'morphing' a SLC 5/05 application and a Siemens S5 into one Clgx application. I tried the using the translate utility for the SLC 5/05 program, and I too had many issues.

If you try to import the SLC500 tag comments into Clgx you may have issues. Clgx treats a <CR> as the charcater $ not the ',' as in CSV files. You will have to use a text editor to replace all carriage returns in your SLC500 comments file with a '$' so that Clgx will import the whole comment.

From my example , you can see that in the SLC's B18 file, I created a BOOL array in Clgx called B18[XX], where B18:0/0 = B18[0], B18:0/1 = B18[1] etc

slcexport1.jpg

clgxexport.jpg

Ian

Last edited:
Ian, or anyone...

I got the B, I , T ect. but how do you handle the inputs? and outputs? how are they addressed? will the CLX scan the RIO and find whats out there?

Thanks