addressing mitsubishi asi modules manually

Batchl3

B
I have very limited information on readdressing asi modules The information I have found states that you must readdress asi manually if you should lose severval of the slaves at once,creating a configuration error. How does one go about readressing the lost asi manually or by programming? The main plc is aFX248mt and the asi module is a 32ASI-M-AS

Hello, Batchl3;
I know of an As-i hanheld programming device, which allows you to connect directly to the As-i module and change its bus address. the one I used was sold by Siemens.
If you go to www.as-interface.com and do a search in Products for "Addressing and diagnostic units" you will find links to more than 20 different manufacturers of these As-i address programmers(none for mitsubishi, though).
On certain masters (from Siemens, in my limited experience), there can be certain functions that can change a slave's address on the bus, but these required a good deal of prudence (sometimes you would wind up with double addressing, which caused the bus to fail). These functionnalities vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier