Adobe ActiveX within Intouch Causes Intouch Crash

whussain6

Hi Guys,

I am trying to use adobe reader ActiveX within intouch 2014.

The problem is whenever I put Adobe reader ActiveX on screen and run Intouch viewer it runs for some time and after some time it crashes with following error in SMC.

Internal Error 2148008..Not Fatal: Could not _unlink <C:\Users\whussain\AppData\Local\Temp\\logobj.log>

It will not allow to run windowviewer again neither I will be able to clse window maker. So I then force it to close and then delete Appedit.lok file and the I can run again but after deleting adobe from my screen it works OK. Next time when I run it logs following message to SMC:

(0004) HeapShareAlloc: Registered process thread 2832 gone. Process C:\Program Files (x86)\Wonderware\InTouch\wm.exe

If I keep running with adobe reader it works fine.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

I've had limited success with Adobe PDF ActiveX control.

If on the system you enable Internet Explorer to view PDFs, you can then embed a webpage that loads the PDF and that works well. I've done that on Rockwell HMIs - but the same basic idea should apply.

Just an idea.