Advanced Control: Tank Level

Correct

Nope. Well, at least not mathematically. :whistle:

Keith
So one can be very aggressive the proportional gain and reduce to proportional band significantly from 2 meters to 0.1 meters or maybe even smaller. There was a previous post where a butterfly valve was being used to control the inflow. Even if the valve was very non-linear a small proportional band could be used
just as rupej suggested but now we know why it will work. The point of all of this is unless the level needs to be controlled exactly just use a proportional band that is acceptable and be done with it.

So what benefit is there to using an integrator? What about a derivative gain?

Hopefully people will remember Keith's answer in the future. It will make the tank level threads shorter.

More to come.