AdvancedHMI 2 axis Graph?

gtsuport

This is my first attempt to use AdvancedHMI.
Working with an Omron CP1L and the Serial FINS driver.
I was very quickly able to set up a test project and get communications working, Awesome program.

As with any new software, trying to understand terminology and objects. What I am trying to do is create a 2 axis graph. One axis will be linear position the other axis force sensor data.

Does AdvancedHMI have an object that would create this type of graph?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks,
gtsuport

Advancedhmi has charts that you can use. But, you have more choices, just search Google for charts VB.net. You are not limited to just what you see in the application you downloaded.

One chart uses a PLC array. The others just add points to the chart, so once you close the application you will lose the data. Do you need historical data?

If you want historical then you probably want to use a database. I personally use MySQL. It's free. It's very similar to other DBs out there. You can use the PLC to store points and then display, but that seems very wasteful to me, plus you are limited on space. There are several tutorials on MySQL charts to VB.net on the web.

I should have also stated you can load a chart from Excel or a text file. The main problem with this is you can't​ read and write simultaneously. There are lots of sample code if you need it. You can ask here, or the advancedhmi forum, which may be the better of the two.

Am I correct in that you want X axis to be linear position and Y Axis to be force?

If so, there is not a "built in" AdvancedHMI chart that can do it, but you can use the Chart which is in the Data group of the Toolbox, then write some code to add the points, such as this:

Dim XPoint as string = EthernetIPforCLXCom1.Read("Position")
Dim YPoint as string = EthernetIPforCLXCom1.Read("Force")

Chart1.Series(0).Points.AddXY(XPoint,YPoint)

This is of course highly simplified, but may get you pointed in the right direction.