AdvancedHMI Real time graph

Michal_dk

Hi Guys!

I'm doing a small setup where I plan to show some motor current data as a real time graph in AdvancedHMI.

I have a CompactLogix PLC running EthernetIP.

I have zoomed in and the Zedgraph graphical, but I have a limited knowledge of VBA (am using studio express 2012) and I can't see my way through this.

I have not been able to find any tutorials on how to get this set up, does anyone have experience with this?

Perhaps a different kind of display than the zedgraph?

Michal

I would recommend using the chart component that is part of Visual Studio under the Data group.

Add a chart and a timer to the form. Set the timer Interval of the Timer(in ms) to how fast you want to sample and set the Enabled to true. Double click the timer to get back to the code and add this code:

Code:
        Dim value As String = EthernetIPforCLXCom1.Read("MyTag")
        Chart1.Series(0).Points.Add(value)
        If Chart1.Series(0).Points.Count > 1000 Then
            Chart1.Series(0).Points.RemoveAt(0)
        End If

Thanks Archie!

That was as simple as I needed it :)

Now to play with getting the timestamps of each sample.

Best regards,

Michal