AEG Modicon

Loc-06

Anyone out there help

I am changing over a program from AEG Modicon to S7-300 and am having problems with a 0-T timer can anyone tell me what type of timer this is. Off delay, On delay, etc

Regards

Andrew

Modicon 984 Ladder Logic has only one timer with 3 types. It can be used as on delay or off delay. It comes in T1.0, T0.1, T0.01 the 1.0 refering to one second minimum timing intervals, likewise 0.1 is 100 msec etc.

I've never seen O-T.

Brian

PS. This thread may help

What model Modicon PLC do you have 084, 584, 484, 884, 984, Compact, Micro? What software package do you use for programming?

Modicon had North American based systems (the most common is 984 Ladder Logic) and AEG had European (in particular German) based operating systems.

Hi Andrew,

I recently did my 1st big Siemens job. I'm not going to scare you with a bunch of gory details and I don't want all of the Siemens gurus all over me but we did have an issue with the 0.1 timer that we built. We used a single timer (S5 type) to set a bit every 0.1 seconds. We then used this bit in a FC and counted the number of pulses. Simple enough.

The problem was that the timer didn't count 0.1 second intervals. We discovered this durring startup when a preset of 25 gave a 7 second delay. We checked out the ladder from every possible direction and it is correct.

Exactly what the problem was, we don't know. Just keep your eyes open and test the 0.1 timers to death before you start implementing your logic.
Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)

(Yosi)