AGA3 Flow Calculations

HLeap

Hi,

I am writing a Controllogix program to calculate gas flowrate. I need the flow calcualtion for AGA3 standards. I have looked at the publications website for AGA and I am confused as to which book/manual/document I need. I could buy the whole set but at ~$800 it is a little expensive when all you need is the actual calculation with an explainition of the variables. I called the 800 number for the website and entered the number in the automated menu for "Techinal Support". The response I got was "We are just a bookstore for AGA...I have no idea what you are taking about!"

Anyway, if sombody could guide me to the publication I need or refer me to a website that shows the actual calcualtion I would greatly appreciate it.

Howard

Several references to AGA 3 in papers on this site: http://www.ceesi.com/pubs_orifice.aspx

specifically,
Effects of abnormal conditions on the Acuracy of Orifice Measurement
or
New Data for the Quadrant Edged Orifice

It appears that ANSI/API 2530 might be the same, which might broaden your search possibilites.

Check this link.

If this has anything to do with custody transfer or check metering, you're probably wasting your time.

You can get a flow computer module from ProSoft to go directly into your 1756 chassis.

I found this webpage that may be useful.

I'm supposed to be doing the same thing, but I'm leaning toward a dedicated module. I don't have the local engineering resources, nor the time, to figure out what I need to do to make this work in my application.

We're using chart recorders right now... :nodi: they're getting by.