Alarm logging in WinCC Flex

Plc_User

I log my alarms on a MP377 directly on a pc by ethernet. This works fine, but when I disconnect and reconnect the network cable the logging does not restart automatically. Same for rebouting the pc. The only this that helps is restarting the runtime on the panel or repowering the panel. This means one disconnection and logging could be off for ever. How can this be resolved?
Other question, is there a way that the panel autmatically writes his log values to a new file when f.i. the log is full or every day at midnight?

From WiccFlex explorer (Project):
Select Historical Data/Alarm Logs
General:
- No. of data records per log: fe. 500
- Path \???\ if you have external Compact flash-gard,
use it (or bay it)
Restart Behavior:
- Logging activation: Enable logging at runtime start
- Log handling at restart: Append da to existingat log
Logging method
- Greate segmental circular logs automatically (fe. 25 log(s))

Hi, seppoalanen,

I have these settings, except that I am logging onto a network computer by ethernet. Problem is that logging does not restart after reconnecting the network cable.

Maybe this manual operation is not what you find, but:

Create Push Button (or PLC's Integer type Tag) with Event:
- Switch on (Int High limit): CloseAllLogs or (stop logging?)

- Switch off (Int Low limit): OpenAllLogs or (start logging?)

I think log-file stays open somehow, when cable is disconnected. When reconnecting, loggin can't open open file anymore or something like that.
That all are my guessing!
Seppo

This function could be usefull if it could be triggered automatically by the system. But I doubt there is a way to evaluate the connection-disconnection.

Maybe start logging is enough time to time (if generally works).
Can you see any system alarm when cable is disconected?
Maybe some watch-doc system between PLC and HMI if PLC is Connected to Ethernet?

Last edited:
Plc_User said:
This function could be usefull if it could be triggered automatically by the system. But I doubt there is a way to evaluate the connection-disconnection.

Scheduler > Each hour > Closelogs > Openlogs.

With that you'll lose at most 1 hr worth of logging if the network cable is disconnected then reconnected.

Hi guys, just a question to add to that.
Whats the difference between Closelog and Stoplog, Openlog and Startlog?
I have a problem with a log where i only want to log whilst a certain input is on, i am trying to trigger this all by script but am unsure which operations to use.