Alarms in PVPlus Compact 400/600 (320x240)

MrQ

Hello,

I have a Controllogics PLC that I program in RS logix 5000. I also hava a PVPlus Compact 400/600 (320x240) HMI.

In my PLC program i use ALMD function blocks.

In my HMI I set up Alarm triggers based on TAGNAME.InAlarm with trigger type bit. I set upp messages based on the triggers. I also configure an Alarm list in one screen.

Alarms are displayed in the list if they occur when the list is open. However if i close and open the screen the alarms dissapear. Even if they are still in the PLC and are unackd.

Can I not use .InAlarm?

Ideas?

I don't use Function blocks, so I can't advise on that. However, what I do is monitor faults in the PLC and then switch to the alarm screen. I also put a "HIDE ALARMS" button on the alarm screen. This switches to either the previous screen or the main menu. Then there is a "SHOW ALARMS" button (if Alarms are present) to return to the alarm screen. This is helpful if alarms won't clear and you want to gain access to manual modes or diagnostic screens. If all alarms clear then I close the alarm screen.

Which alarm display object are you using in your FactoryTalk View ME project ? They look very similar but work differently.

The 'Alarm Banner' object behaves the way you are describing; it only displays alarms which occur while it is open.

The 'Alarm List' object can be configured to show alarms that have occurred in the past, with various details of their state, the time they happened, and the time they were acknowledged.

The FactoryTalk View ME User Manual has a good section on the Alarm objects, so do a little reading and experimenting.

I think I solved the problem. Seems as i need to set up the trigger for value and not as a bit even if it is a digital signal.