Alarms on ViewPoint ME

mhertwig

I want to use ViewPoint for a few machines so I can remotely monitor them and help with troubleshooting from home, etc. I cant get my alarms banner to show on the viewpoint webpage, however.

Is there a special way to do this?

I am using ViwePoint 10.00 on ME 10.00 on a PVPlus7 Pro

Not sure if this was added in newer versions, but as of version 8 the Alarm Banner was not supported in ViewPoint.

OG

That is unfortunate. Can you think of a way around this? My first thought is add a whole lot of text with visibility tied to alarm tag. That would be terrible. Any other thoughts?

I have one SE license but can only have one device connected to it at once, and that connection is use frequently, perhaps I can add a second connection point to the SE ViewPoint server?

Why do you need alarm banner to troubleshoot? The banner is created for technicians. Can you access PLC directly? HMI Alarm is generated by PLC. Many technicians even trace alarms in PLC to find out the issues.

Why do you need alarm banner to troubleshoot? The banner is created for technicians. Can you access PLC directly? HMI Alarm is generated by PLC. Many technicians even trace alarms in PLC to find out the issues.

Just so I could see multiple machines at once, a quick reference in case a fault pops up.

Just so I could see multiple machines at once, a quick reference in case a fault pops up.

OK.
Technicians usually try to trouble shoot by looking at the alarms. When they cannot solve the issue, then they will call tech support.
Anyway, every company is different. It seems too much work for a tech support to look at alarms all the time.