Allen Bradley 1756-ENBT EXCP 0300 issue

Hi,
I experience a recurrent problem on 1756-ENBT Allen Bradley network adapter. The module goes to failure with the following error code: EXCP 0300.
I replaced a module yesterday with a new spare part but unfortunatly this failure happen again few hours after.
Anybody have an idea on the root cause? wrong configuration? Ethernet wrong packets ?

Regards,

Phil

firmware upgrade ?

This technote is locked, I don't have techconnect contract.

But I guess this technote reports a hardware malfunction to be solved by .... firmware upgrade, no ?

Phil

Problem

1756-ENBT scrolls EXCP 0300.
Cause

If the 1756-ENBT scrolls EXCP 0300 or EXCP 0301 then that would indicate an error in the modules internal communication sub-system.
Solution

1. If the 1756-ENBT modules are at revision below 6.006, then we recommend flashing them up to revision 6.006 firmware or higher, as some corrections have been done to address these errors.
  2. Collect module webpages using HTTRACK tool and contact technical support for review.
  3. If module is running firmware 6.004 or higher then there is a possibility that module is slowly running out of memory.
    Follow procedure in technote 581534- How to monitor possible memory leak in 1756-ENBT.
Question

How to monitor possible memory leak in 1756-ENBT?
Answer

Use module webpage and navigate to:
Diagnostics - -> Advanced Diagnostics - -> Miscellaneous:
581534-1.jpg

Monitor Low values to make sure that over time they are not going below 30% of the Total value.
If you see this happening then use HTTRACK utility to capture complete set of webpages and contact technical support with this information.

Thanks for the reply.

The module is in 4.07 revision. I will see if I can upgrade the ENBT module to 6.006 and keep compatibility with a CPU L63 in version 16.

Techconnect seems to be mandatory to have a reply from Rockwell even if it is a hardware bug or a malfunction :rolleyes:

Anyway, I requested for order a new contract...

You can definitely upgrade the 1756-ENBT module firmware and still use it with the older controller firmware if you disable Electronic Keying.

The only exception would be if you're using a Redundant ControlLogix system that requires very specific firmware revisions for compatibility with the Redundancy system.

Thank you for this very useful information. I thought we had to abolutely follow the compatibility matrix for the cards revisions.

After modifying the electronic keying parameter, I upgraded a module today and test it on workbench and it seems to work perfectly.

I monitored the ENBT webserver Heap CIP statistics counters but everything seems to be normal on all other modules. I will check the faulty card after replacement tomorrow.

Regards,
Phil