Allen Bradley Basic Card

jstolaruk said:
By "command line mode" I mean the BAS's command line mode. To get to the command line mode I had to have already been connected.

At 1200 baud, big programs take a while to download/upload and especially when downloading because there is a delay after each program line while the BAS module evalulates the program line statement for errors and probably some intermediate P-code compling.

j, I am not trying to debate, just made a comment that I thought was relevant.

I understand what you were saying as AFTER I CONNECT I use the command line to CHANGE the default settings to 19200 baud etc...YOU did not say that clearly though.

QBasic is what is used to cut my teeth on. It is still available online for free. Use it to build and edit your program then download with HyperTerminal.

It's a long time since I programmed one but I believe there is a link on the board to put it into program mode then use standard basic commands like break run list etc. I tried the AB basic & found it expensive at the time & not that good so used a terminal emulator