Allen Bradley Control Logix Sercos Firmware Compatibility

Hello All,

I am using a 1756-L63 control logix controller of firmware major revision 16 which is having a sercos module 1756-M03SE with same firmware major revision of 16.
Recently that sercos module got faulted so I changed with a 1756-M16SE with
firmware major revision of 19 without any changes..
Two observation I had made -
1. We can directly use a higher axis sercos card.
2. No firmware down gradation is required for firmware mismatch.
As in my case the running system have controller with major revision 16
and sercos card with major revision 19.

I thought that I need to control flash to match the firmware but it is not required...

So, any please put more light on firmware compatibility of sercos card..

I had checked the release notes of sercos interface card firmware revision 19..

They are saying that for Sercos card revision 19, minimum version of RSLogix 5000 required is 19.00 (Not mentioned that whether compatible with lower versions also....)

but physically sercos version 19 is running with RSLogix version 16, without any problem....

1.jpg