Allen Bradley PLC2/16 Ser:B 1771-XLP

Dragon_Man

I am working with a company that wants to change some things in the program of a PLC2/16 Ser:B 1771-XLP. I do not know if this is even possible. I have RSLINX PRO and RSLOGIX500 I am pretty sure I can not use 500 to get on line with this thing but is there a way and what do I need to make this happen. Thanks...

If it is still available you could purchase the Rockwell/Allen Bradley PLC2 programming software. Check with your AB distributor to see if you can get it and afford it. You could purchase an Allen Bradley T3 programmer probably cheaper than the software but it is no fun to use. This site sells them. http://www.speckvc.com/plccenter/1770T3.htm
here is another link that might help.
http://www.control.com/973405899/index_html

WOW... The last time I bought the software in 1994ish it costs about $2800.00. Of course a used T3 and a tape backup machine can be bought pretty cheap used and think of the skill set and experience you would be building to put on a resume later... :D

Xcel controls has a product called UPDOC. It's weak on the online documentation display side but it's fast. The software is not protected but you need their 'dongle' to make it work. Ours plugs into the 9-pin serial port and connects to the processor programming port (or 1771-KG if over DH).

Holy crow, they're still selling UPDOC ? Wow, that's a blast from the past.

Paul, I wouldn't mess around with getting software for the PLC-2 and learning it's archaic addressing system and instruction set. Hire a graybeard from a local integrator or A-B to come make the changes for you and have him do a full backup and printout while he's at it. It's going to be a lot cheaper than buying the software and comms hardware outright.

With a backup and a printout you're in position to be able to replace the PLC-2 if it fails after another 10 or 20 years of service.

Gentlemen this is quoteI saw when I downloaded the demo version from the previous post.

We are currently developing versions of PLC Communicator for the:
* PLC-2, MINI PLC-2
* PLC 2/16,17,02
* PLC 2/15,05
* PLC 2/30

I have sent them an email to check.

I sent an email to UPDOC to check on that too.

I appreciate your help keep it coming I do not have a solution yet.

I have the PCMK card and all the cards that could possibly get for them as of a couple of years ago. On another forum it sounded like I could use this with AI software. Does that sound right to anyone? I have no experience with the AI software.

Originally posted by Ken Roach
With a backup and a printout you're in position to be able to replace the PLC-2 [color=sky blue]if[/color] it fails after another 10 or 20 years of service.

A+ for use of disclaimers! :D