Allen Bradley point IO flashes red. Won’t fire relay.

Bigtime

New to the ABpoint IO and have some experience with plcs but not that much. Anyway my question is why are these output cards flashing red? I am trying to fire a relay off one of the outputs from that 4th output card but when I hook up the relay the output I have it on (0). Goes dark.

436877AA-6562-4900-8563-B370E24C7E8A.jpg AD25C22C-3BE6-4411-9AC2-26E44446A36F.jpg

By default, Point I/O OB- outputs have open-wire detection enabled and will flash red if no load is detected. This can be turned off on a per-output basis in the configuration, but out of the box flashing red is normal for outputs with nothing connected.

It then goes dark because you have connected a load (and the output is not turned on).

By default, Point I/O OB- outputs have open-wire detection enabled and will flash red if no load is detected. This can be turned off on a per-output basis in the configuration, but out of the box flashing red is normal for outputs with nothing connected.

It then goes dark because you have connected a load (and the output is not turned on).

I did not know that. Thanks!