Allen Bradley / Rockwell Symbols for Autocad and Visio

You can get drawings of most rockwell stuff right from the configuration pages for the part number.

Just go to the configuration wizard and enter the part number. When you get to the configuration results, if there are drawings available for that part number, they'll be listed in the rightmost column.

Some devices are full blown 3D models, others are 2D drawings. There could be any combination of .pdf, .dwg, dxf, and even .wmf files for each part number. Most drawing software can import the dxf files.

I have found that some of their models end up sized wrong when pasted into an autocad drawing as a block. It seems there might be some issues with the drawing being original made with the units set for inches, but the draftsman thought he was using millimeters.

If you find that, just scale the whole thing 1:25.4 or vice versa.

Also, I found a neat web based utility that can (sometimes) convert pdf to dwg.

Cometdocs

I think someone here or MrPLC gave me that link...

Once in dwg format, the converted file may still be a collection of tiny lines (even the text) but it is at least a head start for creating your own blocks.
Paul

Last edited: