Memory efficient Tag names with Studio 5000, AB, Allen Bradley, Rockwell

sterky

Hey all,

I'm doing a more standardize version of one of my programs and organizing things into UDTs and whatever else I can do to shrink the memory requirements

My question is, changing a tagname from something short like "w" to "width", increases the memory requirements but is it only for a single instance or is it every instance in my program.

In the end its gonna be UDT.item.width in several 100 spots, which will make some of my structured text quite long to read/write but how much care should I have on the memory effect.

Thanks

Similar Topics

Hello, I would like to see if anyone can give me some pointers on how to optimize this function block that I have written for a Omron CJ2M. It is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Can someone please advise me on this. I have an application which is quite small in programming terms but requires a lot of monitoring...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'm not as accustom with Siemens & WinCC, however I've been asked to increase the amount of data an existing application is logging...
Replies
Views
Hi, Yesterday, I was at a customer site. I made one little change. Changed a dummy bool output to an actual output. I didn't add any tags, or...
Replies
Views
I have a c-more micro with a three digit input box on one of the screens. This is being written to a memory location in a DL05. I don't have the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom