Allen Bradley RS logix option lost help

Jeff23spl

Hello

This week i just lost the capacity to do Excel tag edit on my RSlogix500 soft. (I was using it few days before and the soft is installed for 5 years now)

At the same time i lost the capacity to see function bloc on my RSlogic5000 soft.

I think both need a pro license that i was suppose to have but i don't know why i lost both a the same time during this week when i really need it.

can someone have an idea on it ?

Yes, only the pro version of RSLOgix500 supports the built in menu option to edit with excel. Sounds like a license issue...

You can still use the database export to csv feature with the standard version. It just means a couple more steps to export...open the csv with excel...edit...then import.

RSLogix5000 also has different licenses to support the different languages and other features.

If you're using node-locked factorytalk activation, it's based on an encrypted key which is tied to either your hard drive serial number, or NIC card MAC ID.

Have you replaced the hard drive, or lost a NIC? Are you using a laptop with power options that may have turned off the NIC to conserve battery power?