Alternate to 5069 IO modules

vivrocking

I'm looking for alternate module that I can use in place of Rockwell 5069-IO mainly for safety output card (OBV8S). Looking at the lead time, I need to find some alternate solution fast.

Appreciate if someone can help on this.

Thank you

Last edited:
In rockwell land, your only options are the 1734-OB8S, which does not do bipolar outputs, and the 1756-OBV8S, which has all the same features as the 5069-OBV8S.

Both options will need the respective supporting hardware:
1734-AENT(R) and 2x suitable terminal bases (e.g. 1734-TOPS) for the 1734 series
1756-Ax Series C Control Logix chassis, 1756-Px5x power supply, 1756-EN2T or similar ethernet module, suitable terminal block (part number currently escapes me) for the 1756 series

Alternatively Rockwell have on-machine safety I/O like the 432ES GuardLink series, and I know that other OEM's also have similar options with ethernet/IP support. I've not used them to comment.

I don't know of any other OEM's that have DIN-rail style safety-rated ethernet/IP I/O, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

In any case, I suspect you may find that leadtime is a challenge regardless of platform. Safety outputs (and standard outputs for that matter) have been hell to find for a while now.

Yep, lead times for safety i/o (5069, 1734, etc) are and have been horrible for a while now. Current project we were able to use some 1732ES safety i/o modules for outside the panel but for in-panel, safety i/o are as rare as hen's teeth. E-bay prices are 2-3x but if its keeping a expensive project from shipping, customers have been saying "just get it".