Analog IO card from Siemens

Charbel

Dear,

I came across an analog card from SIEMENS to be used for transferring analog signals.

I couldn't understanding the cable length included on page 2/4 which states 200meters. I know it is better to ask Siemens about it, but if you have an idea, it would be great.

The input resistance as stated in the Analog input datasheet is 100 ohm and for example if I am using a flowmeter to be connected to this Analog input module say its load resistance is 700Ohm, so my understanding is that I have a margin of 600ohm (max) which I can use.

so for example if I am using 1mm2 with 17.2 Ohm/km, it really looks that I can use more than 200meters and I can reach 1000m cable (2000m back and forth)easily.

Appreciate any thoughts on this and if you can highlight any restriction that I am not aware of.

thank you,

Charbel