Analog Module Logic Help

GTUnit

Hi Guys,

I am working on developing a "best practices" method of writing logic so I am looking for advice and recommendations on how you would approach this job:

I have 2 1969-IF16C Analog IO input cards and I want to know what is the best way of mapping those IO points to generic Controller tags (or UDTs) which would make the program flexible enough to be reusable on a different project with a different hardware layout or number of IO points.

I am setting all IO points in the card configurations for 4-20mA out and Engineering Units.

Basically I want to write programs that are as modular as possible without requiring a lot of effort to retag or re-alias IO points when moving the program to a slightly different machine.

Thank You