Any other Touch Screen with DH+ other than AB (PanelView)?

ckchew666

Hi,

We are looking for a cheaper solution of touch screen that can work with AB PLC-5 on DH+ network. Besides AB PV is there any other brand out there that some experience users came across?

Thx.

The AVK Touch screens work good, the software is pretty easy to use. They used to sell thru AutomationDirect.com, but now I think they are selling thru their own site, look for EZTouch.

I use the Cutler Hammer Panelmates, and I find them very easy to use. The software is cheap and can be installed on all the site computers without key disks. Also the suppliers around here all carry Panelmate while only 1 supplier carries Panelview. I belive they are cheaper also.

Hi. I want to use explosion proof HMI device same Panelview Support DH485 or Ethernet/IP. Help me.
Thanks

Check out Automation Direct (a.k.a. PLC Direct). They have EzTouch touch screens that work well. We've used them for a few years. Also, Red Lion has recently offered touch screens that can have remote programming ability via modem. We're trying our first one now.

pompanowoes said:
Check out Automation Direct (a.k.a. PLC Direct). They have EzTouch touch screens that work well. We've used them for a few years. Also, Red Lion has recently offered touch screens that can have remote programming ability via modem. We're trying our first one now.

Hi,

Thx for ur info on EzTouch, would like to ask what is the price diff. between AB DH+ PV550 with the EzTouch EZ-S6M-FH. If the price difference is not significant then we might stick back to AB. BTW, I'm from Malaysia.
EZ-S6M-FH: EZTouch operator panel, offers 5.7 inch STN monochrome display and 48-cell resistive touch screen, 512K RAM, expandable to 1Mbyte. 20-30VDC operating range. Pre-installed interface card allows operation on either an A-B Data Highway Plus [DH+] or A-B Remote I/O network. The panel also works with serial drivers listed below, but can only do so if not communicating via DH+ or Remote I/O. EZ-TOUCH-M manual included.

The AutomationDirect / AVG units for DH+ are a special model number and a little bit higher in price. That is true for many devices, and one can only assume it is licensing fees for Allen Bradley that is the cause.

Another option that is intermediate in price between the AVG and the Allen Bradley is EXOR www.exor-rd.com.

Most major players in the HMI business offer DH+.

You might want to look into Parker (the hydraulic valve co). They make a unit that is easily configured, and the program resides on a CF card. Changing the unit just means changing the card.

ckchew666,

Check out the uticor website,www.uticor.com - This is the Australian distributor which I think would be nearer your country, you can email them for a quote. Uticor and AVG are related. The PowerPanels are the expensive version while the EZ Touch Panels are the cheaper ones. Although they are cheap it is pretty good, I know as I bought one few months ago and BTW, I used to service them when I was still working for Uticor as a tech.

Regards,
Fyodor

Uticor, AVG, EZAutomation - explosion-proof

I've used both the older PGI100 from AVG/Uticor and the newer EZPanels from AVG/EZAutomation. I prefer them over the A-B products because you don't need to compile the program and download it (not to mention the lower cost). You also can upload an existing program from the display and do online editing.

The PGI100 was one of the first DH+ displays to have the Class I, Division 2 (not explosion-proof) rating for the US which was what I needed for refineries and pipeline stations.