PanelView Plus 1500 touch screen does not accept touch input

Hanafi

Hi Expert,
i got problem with my panelview, the touch screen not working even when i use mouse. I have checked thru manual seems like an application problem. Since mouse is not working also. What i need to do?
Thank you

Was this working and then just stopped working all of a sudden?

Or did the touch feature not work immediately after you loaded a new application?

Maybe a silly suggestion but have you tried rebooting the panel?

BCS

Initially ok but when run sometime then it will show up 'hand with cross'.then cannot touch anymore. the problem when i just change the logic module into new panel view.

Sounds like a part of your touchscreen may be going bad.
when you touch a certain area, that area remains active and prevents any further action.

I have seen this several times.
Look at your plc program to see if a pb stays on.

regards,
james

Hi james,
originally i use pv plus 1500. when the screen broken, i change to pv plus 1000. i took out the logic module and place into new pv1000 screen. now i already have stock 1500. when i do change the logic into new screen.. after few second, i cannot touch the screen anymore, even when i tried install using mouse. i do reboot few times still same. i thought the application got problem. then i leave in config page, but still same. the screen completely freeze after few seconds.

pv.JPG

Last edited:
When you say "new screen" do you mean you have inserted a new display into your program?

If so, I would suggest that you may have the following:
A tag pointing to something that is not obtainable.
An item on your screen not correctly programmed the way you think it is.
Your system is looking for all plug and play devices and needs to be disabled.

In any case, remove all the items from the new screen except the return button and see if that works correctly. Then keep adding items until you find the culprit.

regards,
james

Ajusting Touch Sreen Sensitivity on PanelView Plus Terminals

The Panelview Plus Touch screen has a sensitivity adjustment for the touch screen. You can reach it at the power up or using a "going to config button" - if it was programmed by the application programmer, and if it responds (you may use a USB mouse, instead of your fingers, just plug it to the USB connector).

To get to the config mode at the power start-up, do as follows:

(For economy I've copied the instructions from http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=14989)

1. Recycle power to panelview
2. Panel view starts self test on blue background.
3. Screen refreshes the blue background, and the white filled square appears in the bottom r.h. corner.
4. Press the touch cell over the white square, the screen goes to a black background and displays the free memory available. This memory allocation is maintained as the white cell is pressed. On releasing the cell the screen displays the application menu and not the config. screen.

To my experience, the small white square apears at the bottom left corner (not r..h.). It will be there for a brief moment, like the F10 option in old DOS.

Addicionally, access the File Management option of the menu and delete all old application eventually left over. When the PVP is short on memory, it does all kind of strange things.

Be carefull when deleting old application for one of then may be carring the communication paths of the aplication (which can be very troublesome if you are using AB Remote-I/O communication, among others). When you download a new application you are offered by the transfer program the preserve the machine existing communication path or to use a new one created with the new application. I typically chose not to download the new application comm config.
To get protected I suggest to upload all existing application in the PVP before wiping down the not used ones).

That is what I would try before returning it to service.

hi james,
new screen means i use new pvp 1500. i took out the logic module from pvp 1000 and place into pvp 1500. the logic module originally from pvp 1500. when the screen broken i do change using pvp 1000 as at that time i have no spare pvp 1500.

hi magdoleme,
i do try to leave the screen in config page. as i afraid maybe the application was corrupted. but the case still same. the strange , when i put back into pvp 1000 everything goes normal. i want to try leave the unit at dry or warm environment then test again. initially, i tought the pvp got issue. so, i already send back to supplier to get replacement. when new unit come in, the case still same.

hi all,
just update regarding the pv+ issue. finally the touch screen working. how? i change the logic module with latest version. during troubleshooting, since i already change 2 unit pv but still same. i take out logic module on new set pv+ 1000 and attach on the new pv+ 1500 and it immediate work. i do try as well older set pv+1000 and take out the logic module and test. the result still same , the touch screen hang. here, i think the version of logic and pv must be compitible to make sure everything working well.
thank you