Anyone familiar with Phoenix Contact PLCs and HMIs?

AutoNub

Greetings,

I'm attempting to create a method for logging a history of alarm faults for viewing with corresponding time stamps in an organized format on the accompanying HMI screen.

The way I see it I have two options. The first option is to program the entire thing, starting with an array [0..10], using structured text. The second option is to utilize the alarming macro provided with the professional version of WebVisit.

Do any of you have any experience using WebVisit? This is the Phoenix Contact software for programming their web panels. PC Worx is the Phoenix Contact software used for programming their PLCs.

My current programs will simply display the error on the alarm screen, but it only displays one error at a time, as it occurs, and without any sort of time stamp or organization scheme. The table showed in the WebVisit help file for the alarming macro looks perfect, but the instructions aren't matching well with what I'm seeing while trying to follow them. I'd really like to figure out how these alarming macros work but ultimately as long as I accomplish my goals here then it doesn't matter if it is all done manually with structured text or using WebVisit macros.

If I do have to use structured text, I'd like to take my string variables and use the Boolean variable which handles turning on and off the alarm for storing the string variable alarm messages on the alarm screen. Unfortunately, I'm still somewhat of a beginner with structured text programming. I can do most basic tasks no problem but I've never programmed an array before, and the help file has me getting compile errors.

Before I elaborate and this post turns into a book though, I'll pause here and wait to see if any of you kind gentlemen are willing to lend a helping hand. I do appreciate you sharing your expertise.
Thanks you and happy holidays! 🍻