Anyone Here At RS Tech Ed

Let me give some specifics on My Post # 10

These are the Brick Style I was speaking of below. Discontinue date is 30-Jun-16

1769-L23E-QB1B

1769-L23-QBFC1B

1769-L23E-QBFC1B

Here are some more RS Tech Ed Updates

New 1756 Analog Modules coming out

1756-IF8I which will replace the 1756-IF6I and the 1756-IF6CIS

1756-IRT8I which will replace the 1756-IT6I AND 1756-IT6I2 and 1756-IR6I

1756-OF8I which will replace the 1756-OF6CI and 1756-OF6VI

New Isolated HART modules from Rockwell with AOP.

Release 4QCY2014

Controllogix XT Redunant Power Supply

Shipping Now

1756 Chasis Updated to Series C

Better air flow for cooling. Fully back compatible. Low temp range extended to -25 to 60c. 7 slot X version -25 to 70c

Improved card guide for easier insertion. New mounting Hole for High shock and High vibration mounts.

Stiffer mounting tab. New secondaty (Additional) grounding lug.

New packaging for Controllogix.

New thermoform tray and less cardboard.

1783-NATR

Network Address translation module ideal for use with Compactlogix L1,L2,L3. Supports DLR. Supports 32 translation mappings. Releasing Q4CY2014

New series Ethernet Modules.

Digitally signed firmware. Improved performance. Etherent ports moved to front of module.

1769-AENTR

Now Shipping Supports 30 1769 IO Modules in 3 banks.

New Series 1788-EN2DNR.

1768-EN2DNR replaces 1788-EN2DN Series A. Has DLR. Removable SD card to store config. USB local config port.

Armor Logix

Releasing Q1CY2015. Same as Armor Gurad logix without the safety PLC features. IP67.

Guard IO Support with NAT in Studio 5000 V24

Compact Logix End of Life.

1769-L31 EOL Date 31-DEC-15
1769-L32C EOL Date 30-JUN-15
1769-L35CR EOL Date 30-JUN-15
1769-ADN EOL Date 31-DEC-15

Contrologix End of Life.

5560 and 5560S are entering EOL and will be discontinued on December 31st 2016. New Projects should be using 5570.

Softlogix 5800

Placed in maintenance mode at V23.00. No further enhancements.

Is anyone else at the Rockwell Automation On The Move event in Rochester, NY? Its been a great even so far. I've never made it to automation fair, but this at least gives me a little taste : )

My old colleagues are all there; Brian Rootham, Ahmik Hindman, Kyle Roge, and Bruce MacDougall. I saw a Facebook photo of them goofing off at Disney on Sunday.

I'm curious if RSTechEd will tell us any plans for the PanelView 5000, whether software or hardware related.

Having to delete all the tags and logic inside a Routine was a pain.. I'm glad that little usability issue will be addressed.

I know there was a thread the other day about alphabetizing Routine names and how to organize a very large program. Sounds like RSI is really listening to users.

Yeah....maybe someday in V99999 we'll get back
Window Arrange DefaultProject.

I really enjoyed doing the On The Move events when I was in the sales department.

You got all kinds of awesome hardware and pre-built labs and demos, and a great opportunity to get your good customers to come over the for afternoon to talk about automation.

It's a good way to make use of the Automation Fair and TechEd equipment and development efforts, to keep the sales and training momentum going into the sales regions for people who couldn't make it to the main event.

For a day and a half ahead of time we were setting up, installing, testing, troubleshooting... I slept in the conference room to guard the computers more than a few times.

I also did it back when we called it "Spring Training" and we built all the tabletop demos and wrote all the labs ourselves in each sales office. That gave me a strong appreciation for how hard it is to write a good lab that can be followed by people with different skill levels and still confer a lesson in the technology.

I heard that with v24 there will be an additional feature known as "Add On Program" which is essentially an AOI that is editable online. There was also whispers about a partial download capability, somewhat of a "compare and merge" feature in the future. It would be great to have the tags and routine downloads to be separated, but not sure how far they are going to go with that new feature...

Anyone have further info about either of these?

They had a version of the "on the move" this past year. No more labs, just some slide show presentation. It was disappointing but I guess it's very expensive to do it everywhere. Maybe they can do the regional 2 days thing they did 2-3 years back. I think it was in Portland for the NW region.